The Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh Marathon and ½ Marathon is back on April 10, and WRAL is once again hosting Water Station 9 on the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon course. WRAL is at about the half-way mark for the full marathon runners, a key location for much needed motivation and hydration, and we need your help!
We need volunteers to help set up water and Gatorade, hand it out to the runners, and cheer on the athletes as they begin the second half of the marathon. This is a fun opportunity to support our community and hang out with some great people.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Two t-shirts: One official Race Crew shirt, one WRAL Motivation Station shirt
- Race Crew drawstring backpack
- WRAL water bottle
- COWBELLS!!! …because you need more cowbell
Do you have a teen who needs community service hours for college applications or service organizations? Volunteering at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon WRAL Motivation Station counts! We will have forms on-site to verify participation.
- Register on-line at www.runrocknroll.com/raleigh/the-weekend/volunteer/
- Click on the Blue Race Crew button
- Select: “An individual registering to volunteer as part of a group”
- Select from the Group list: WRAL
- Click: Add selected group
- Click: Join selected group
- Select Shift: Water Station 9
- Click: Next Page
- *Follow instructions to complete registration
Location: WRAL-TV, 2619 Western Blvd.
Date: Sunday, April 10
Time: Approximately 6:30 – 11 a.m.
Age: If your child is old enough to really help then they are welcome! Sign them up online just like anyone else.
For more information or questions, email Debbie Tullos at email@example.com.
Thanks to WRAL-TV’s Debbie Tullos for this capcom story & graphic.