FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
February 7, 2000
Contact: Bryan Dolgin, Director of Media & Public Relations
Pelicans Add Five To Staff:
Front Office Totals 18 Full-Time Employees
MYRTLE BEACH, SC – – – The Myrtle Beach Pelicans welcomed four new employees to their full-time staff and one to their seasonal staff. Jerry Bass is the Clubhouse Manager/Group Ticket Sales Representative, Angela Hughes is a Group Ticket Sales Representative, Andrew Stuart is the Director of Stadium Operations, Vicki White is the Pelicans Pro Shop Retail Manager and Laura Weaver is the Box Office Trainee.
All have started their jobs:
- Jerry Bass has worked in minor league baseball since 1993. He worked as an Operations Assistant and Assistant of Food Services with the Bowie Baysox in Bowie, Maryland from ’93 to ’95. Jerry was the Operations Manager and Clubhouse Manager for the Delmarva Shorebirds in Salisbury, MD from ’95 to ’98. This past season, Jerry was the Clubhouse Manager for the Erie SeaWolves in Erie, PA. Jerry earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration & Marketing from Towson State University. Jerry is from Reisterstown, MD.
- Angela Hughes begins her second season in minor league baseball. Last season, she worked as an intern for the Midwest League Champion Burlington Bees in Burlington, Iowa. Angela assisted in media relations, game day operations and promotions. She earned a degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on Marketing from Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee, OK. Angela is from Overland, Kansas.
- Andrew Stuart begins his second season in professional baseball. Last season, he worked as an Event Operations Intern and in Revenue Development for the Kansas City Royals. Andrew assisted in supervising game operations and managed all personnel aspects of the event staff at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. Andrew earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications from William Jewel College in Liberty, MO. Andrew is from Mexico, MO.
- Vicki White begins her second season working at Coastal Federal Field. Prior to her present role as the Retail Manager of the Pelicans Pro Shop, Vicki was the Administrative Assistant for Excel Foods. Excel ran the food concessions at the Pelicans ballpark. Vicki is from Springfield, Virginia.
- Laura Weaver has joined the Pelicans staff as a Box Office Trainee working through September. She will assist in the daily operation of the ticket box office. Laura is from North Myrtle Beach, SC.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL-Digital, WRAL-FM, Microspace, the North Carolina News Network, DTV Plus, Wolfpack Sports Marketing, and Capitol Sports Management in Raleigh, NC; WJZY-TV and WFVT-TV in Charlotte, NC; WILM-TV in Wilmington, NC; WRAZ-TV and the Durham Bulls Baseball Club in Durham, NC; and the Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball Club in Myrtle Beach, SC; Capitol Broadcasting Company also founded Local TV on Satellite in Raleigh, NC.