FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 16, 2001
For more information, contact
Julie Moos, WRAL.com Executive Producer (919) 821-8986
WRAL-TV5 Unveils New Website
RALEIGH, N.C. – Today WRALTV5 launches WRAL.com, a new and improved version of its existing website. It’s a new look and new design but at the same address: www.wral.com. The redesigned site, which receives more than 2 million page views a week, will give visitors more information and greater access to both local and national news.
In a partnership between WRAL’s parent company, Capitol Broadcasting, and Internet Broadcasting Systems, this renovated site gives WRAL.com visitors the resources of a national network to supplement the award-winning journalism of the local webstaff. National stories will be provided by editors working at more than 50 IBS sites across the country, while WRAL editors will continue to provide even more in-depth, local coverage of news affecting the daily visitors to WRAL.com.
New features to the site include an option for personalization. Users can design their own homepage to reflect their interests and expand or eliminate others to suit their needs. Other new features include:
- A redesigned homepage giving users immediate access to headlines in news, weather, sports, as well as subject areas for health, technology, and consumer news. Even without personalization, users will find more choices available with a glance at each page.
- Expanded content in each subject area, as well as new subject headings such as entertainment and legal.
- Expanded e-mail services, allowing users to sign up for updated headlines hourly throughout the day.
- A separate section devoted entirely to Fayetteville news.
- Current weather information displayed on every page.
The website changes all share a common purpose: to provide more information, more in-depth news and more accessibility to WRAL’s users.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL-Digital, WRAL-FM, Microspace, the North Carolina News Network, DTV Plus, Wolfpack Sports Marketing, and Capitol Sports Management in Raleigh, NC; WJZY-TV and WFVT-TV in Charlotte, NC; WILM-TV in Wilmington, NC; WRAZ-TV and the Durham Bulls Baseball Club in Durham, NC; and the Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball Club in Myrtle Beach, SC; Capitol Broadcasting Company also founded Local TV on Satellite in Raleigh, NC.