Canes, Bulls Team Up Friday For NHL Re-launch Party
|Both Wool E. Bull (left) & Stormy are joining forces to celebrate the Canes ‘ return to the ice this season.
The Durham Bulls are partnering with the Carolina Hurricanes to help celebrate the Canes return to action this fall. Both will hold a re-launch event this Friday, August 26, 2005, at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
“As hockey prepares for its return to the ice, the Hurricanes wanted to take an opportunity to thank our loyal fans for their support,” said Matt West, Vice President of Business Operations for the Carolina Hurricanes. “Many fans in the Triangle stood by our team during the work stoppage and deserve our appreciation. We are thankful to have a partner like the Bulls to help host this event.”
Here’s what you can expect:
- Hurricanes players and coaches will meet and greet fans at Hurricanes ticket kiosks inside the ballpark from 6:00pm until 6:40pm
- Hurricanes players will throw out the game’s first pitch
- The first 2,000 fans to enter the ballpark will receive a Hurricanes t-shirt
- All fans exiting after the game will receive a 2005-06 schedule poster
- During the game, Bulls players will wear customized Bulls/Canes jerseys and special in-game promotions will focus on hockey.
- Hurricanes ticket-sales staff will be on hand to discuss ticket options with fans.
Hurricanes season-ticket holders were first invited to the re-launch festivities in late July and have had the opportunity to receive complimentary tickets to the Bulls game from the Hurricanes.
Activities for all fans will begin at 5:00pm on Blackwell Street outside of the DBAP, including
- a slap-shot booth
- other inflatable rides
- visits from Stormy and the Blue Cross/Blue Shield of North Carolina Storm Squad
Gates will open at 6:00pm for fans to enter the ballpark where they can enjoy additional rides, meet with Hurricanes players and coaches and enjoy a fireworks display following the game.
Bulls Home Season Comes to a Close
The final homestand of the season is underway. The Bulls take on their South division rivals the Richmond Braves Friday, August 26th – Monday, Au 29th.
Friday August 26th – Join the Bulls for the third consecutive weekend of Friday and Saturday night fireworks
Saturday, August 27th – Principal Financial Group Family FunFest at the DBAP
Sunday, August 28th – The final Pepsi Kids Run the Bases follows the game. Children ages 12 and under get to run the same base paths as their Durham Bulls heroes
Monday, August 29th – The Bulls close out their home schedule on Monday, August 29th with a Business Person’s Special with a game time start of 1pm.
Prior to the events on Blackwell Street, Carolina Hurricanes owner Peter Karmanos, Jr. and CBC / Durham Bulls owner Jim Goodmon will host an invitation-only “Welcome Back” reception for executives from the Hurricanes corporate family – suite holders, corporate partners and premier season-ticket holders.
Tickets to Friday night’s game at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park are available at (919) 956-BULL or online at http://www.durhambulls.com/.
Thanks to DBBC’s Matt DeMargel for this capcom story.