Pelicans Release 2006 Promotional Schedule
Ten fireworks shows, five single mingles, a bevy of collectible giveaways, countless special events, and even a couple of nights specifically for your dog. That’s just a quick glance at the Myrtle Beach Pelicans 2006 promotional calendar, which was officially announced Wednesday, March 15, 2006. The promotional schedule promises to bring the fans 70 games of excitement throughout the summer at Coastal Federal Field.
Opening Night (April 6) is just the beginning of a powerful promotional line-up. On Opening Night, fans will be treated to the annual pageantry and tradition of the most anticipated game of the season as well as a CheerStix giveaway, a performance from the Dixieland Cat Scratchers bluegrass band, and postgame fireworks. Opening Night will also feature a must-see unveiling of the new-look face of the Pelicans – it’s going to be big time!
The `06 version of the promo schedule includes many “firsts” at Coastal Federal Field.
- This year the Pelicans will host not one, but two “Bark at the Park” events in which fans are invited to bring their four-legged friends to the game (April 19 & August 30).
- The Pelicans will “Play For a Cure” on April 29th against the Lynchburg Hillcats in a game that will feature the players wearing pink jersey’s as opposed to their traditional teal and black uniforms. The pink jerseys will be auctioned off with proceeds from the auction going towards the battle against breast cancer.
- A special guest appearance by South Carolina’s own Radio and Coach Jones, who were portrayed by Cuba Gooding Jr. and Ed Harris in the motion picture “Radio.” Be at the ballpark on June 17th for a “Tribute to Radio & Coach Jones.”
- One of the more unique promotions taking place this summer will be “Baseball The Musical,” (July 13, 14, & 15) an original theatre production at the ballpark. The Coastal Carolina University Theatre Department and the Pelicans have teamed up to bring “Broadway to Baseball.” A casting call will be made in the near future throughout the Myrtle Beach community in search of characters for the first-ever theatre production at a ballgame.
- Also on the schedule this year will be five single mingle speed dating events. Inspired by the fact that Pelicans games were rated as the “Favorite place to bring a date” in annual The Sun News “Best of the Beach” section, the Pelicans and cupid.com will host the single mingle outings in an effort to spark true-love. Dates for the single mingles are set for April 26th, May 10th, June 14th, July 26th, and August 9th.
Back by POP-ular demand is the 3rd annual “Pops at the Park” event (July 1). Postgame Fireworks, Independence Day style, will light up the sky and the Liverpool Legends will rock the house with their “Magical Mystery Show.” The house will be packed, so get your tickets well in advance.
Another strong line-up of giveaways is set for this year. Back for another season will be a collector’s set – this year it’s a set of five mini-bobbleheads featuring Atlanta Braves prospects that have not yet made their stop in Myrtle Beach. To collect all five mini-bobbles mark your calendars for
- June 15th,
- June 29th,
- July 10th,
- July 27th,
- and August 3rd.
Other giveaway items include
- magnet schedules (April 7),
- a top prospect poster (April 28),
- piggybank (May 26),
- BBQ apron (May 27),
- six-pack cooler bag (June 17),
- team autographed mugs (July 12),
- Travel Cups (July 26),
- foam tomahawks (July 28),
- a Rocket Wheeler bobblehead (August 4),
- insulated lunch bags (August 18)
- and much more.
Other exciting special events include
- the inaugural Grand Strand Mascot Olympics (April 8th),
- the 3rd Annual Women’s Baseball Clinic (April 29th),
- Educational Kid’s Day (May 24th),
- Charity Pro-Am Golf Tournament (June 19th),
- the return of the USA National Baseball Team vs. Chinese Taipei (July 6th & 7th),
- the 4th Annual Hardee’s Eating Contest (July 12th),
- and Parrothead Night (July 29th).
Weekly promotions will keep fans entertained throughout the season with
- “2 For 1” Ticket Nights sponsored by SC Education (fans bringing a non-winning lottery ticket at the box office receive “buy-one-get-one free” reserved box tickets),
- kids run the bases Wednesdays presented by The Batter’s Box,
- Thirsty Thursdays with drink specials and live entertainment provided by Budweiser and Club Boca,
- Scratch-N-Win card giveaways each and every Saturday courtesy of San Francisco Oven,
- and Locals Nights on Sunday’s presented by COSTCO Wholesale.
A more detailed explanation of each promotion will be available online. Keep checking for updates and additions to the promo schedule.
Get your tickets for opening day (Thursday, April 6) now by calling 843-918-6000 or by visiting the Pelicans website.
Thanks to MBBC’s Ryan Ibbotson for this capcom story.