Help WCMC Help Triangle Families in Need
Although December 25th appears on everyone’s calendar, many Triangle families will not have Christmas this year. The New 99.9 Genuine Country has decided to step in and make sure that Christmas will indeed come after all for 25 needy families. They need your help.
On Thursday, December 14, 2006, WCMC-FM 99.9 will be collecting donations for the Helping Hand Mission of Raleigh – “25 Christmas’ for 25 Families.” The collection will be held at the White Oak shopping center in Garner from 6am-6pm with the 99.9 on-air staff broadcasting live on location all day. The items WCMC is collecting are as follows:
- Clothing – infants to adults
- Food for Christmas dinner – perishable and non-perishable items (turkeys, hams, etc.)
- Toys, games – unwrapped
- Gift toiletries
- Christmas trees and the trimmings
- Coats, gloves, scarves and hats
- Bedding – some of the children are sleeping on the floor
- Gift cards – restaurants, grocery stores, clothing stores, Wal-mart, Target, etc.
WCMC hopes to provide the following for each of the 25 families:
- A coat/clothing for each member of the family
- Christmas dinner
- Tree and the trimmings
- A toy for each of the kids
You can also stop by and make a cash donation of any amount. A $150 donation would cover a meal, jackets, gloves, a tree, and a toy for each child.
Thanks to WCMC’s Paige Ellis for this capcom story.