FOX 50 Holds Local Idol Auditions for the New Season of American Idol
This August, FOX 50’s Idol Audition will give one local singer the chance of a lifetime – a guaranteed audition with the producers of American Idol!
FOX 50 (WRAZ-TV) will hold a one-day audition Saturday, August 18, 2007 at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh.
To audition, local singers must meet all eligibility requirements and download the official rules & local registration which can only be found at www.fox50.com. Singers must be between 16-28 years of age, as of July 28, 2007, and a legal, permanent resident of one of the following NC counties: Chatham, Cumberland, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Harnett, Hoke, Johnston, Lee, Moore, Nash, Orange, Person, Sampson, Vance, Wake, Warren, Wayne or Wilson.
The first 100 singers who meet all eligibility requirements will be registered and have the chance to audition before a panel of local celebrity judges. Registration will start at 10:00am, on Saturday, August 18, 2007, at the Center Court South entrance on the lower level of the mall. Lines may not form before 6:00am and absolutely no camping out is allowed.
The auditions will begin later that day at 1:00pm at the promotional court. The 100 singers will compete in groups of 10, with one finalist chosen from each group. The 10 finalists will then compete for the grand prize. One local singer will win a trip to Philadelphia for a guaranteed audition with the producers of American Idol.
American Idol returns this January on FOX 50 (WRAZ-TV). For more information on American Idol, please visit www.americanidol.com.
More about American Idol
- Current American Idol, Jordin Sparks, won the local Phoenix Idol Audition and is the youngest to win the TV talent show.
- Raleigh-native Clay Aiken was runner-up during season 2.
- Other American Idol contestants with NC ties: Fantasia (High Point), Chris Daughtry (McLeansville), Bucky Covington (Rockingham) & Kellie Picker (Albermarle).
- American Idol premiered on FOX 50 in the summer of 2002.
- The show was based on the hit British show Pop Idol.
Thanks to FOX 50 Kevin Kolbe for this capcom story.
POSTED: August 9, 2007