99.9 The Fan has teamed up with the sports juggernaut, ESPN, “the Worldwide Leader in Sports.” On Monday, December 1st at 6am, CBC’s sports-talk station became an ESPN Radio affiliate, giving Triangle sports fans a chance to hear ESPN personalities in a clear, FM signal.
ESPN’s top talent, high profile guests, analysis, reporting and play-by-play will compliment The Fan’s afternoon local shows and Carolina Hurricanes coverage. The affiliation gives The Fan access to ESPN’s college hoops luminaries like Jay Bilas and Dickie V – fuel for the hardwood fire that gets us through the winter in these parts.
A New Presence for the Fan Online
On the web 99.9 The Fan, in conjunction with WRAL-TV’s Sports Team and WRAL.com, has redesigned and renamed their sports web site – wralsportsfan.com.
Breaking sports news. Radio interviews from The Fan. Video from the WRAL TV5 Sports Department. This is THE web site for your on-demand sports fix. Listen to a compelling radio interview while you check your e-mail, read an insider’s blog or view an endless menu of video clips from coaches and players.
With ESPN, The Fan has added MLB and NBA play-by-play to their line-up. With their existing Westwood One affiliation The Fan has the NFL and college football and basketball. What a package!
Here’s the schedule you can tune in to:
- 6am-10am: The popular “Mike and Mike In the Morning” show comes on at 6 am as Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg entertain and inform you and The Fan’s Tim Hall talks about local sports.
- 10am-noon: “The Herd with Colin Cowherd”
- Noon-1pm: The Fan’s Mike Maniscalco takes over with “Sports Lunch,” an hour of local insight and perspective.
- 1pm-3pm: ESPN’s Mike Tirico and Scott Van Pelt
- 3pm-7pm: It’s back to local programming with The Insiders – Scott Jackson and Mark Thomas
Thanks to WRAL-TV’s Dane Huffman & CS’s George Habel for contributions to this capcom story.