|Using the Bulls Field for a High Fiber Spelling Lesson?
A crowd of over 700 spells out “Google” on the Durham Bulls field.
|View the Slideshow|
Employees from American Tobacco, the Durham Bulls and FOX 50 joined other downtown Durham workers as over 700 people poured into the Durham Bulls Athletic Park on Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 11:00am. Why the crowd? A concerted effort to lure Google to the Bull City.
Durham wants to lure the company to bring Google Fiber. The company is looking to bring the ultra high-speed network to an entire community. The Bull City wants to be that community.
The group, wearing the bright primary colors of Google’s logo, spelled out the word “Google” on the ball field. An aerial photographer captured the scene. The picture will be presented along with Durham’s application to Google.
The giant photo op generated a lot of news. Check out the following links:
- Durham News Service: Durham NC Wants Google
- Independent: Durham wants Google…the photo
- Durham Herald-Sun: Bull City decks self out in its best Google fibers
- Raleigh News & Observer: Aerial photo added, Pictures from the Google gathering in Durham
- Facebook: Bring Google Fiber to Durham, NC
Thanks to ATC’s Valerie Ward for these capcom photos & to DBBC’s D.J. Ketchabaw for these media links.