||American Tobacco’s Christmas Tree Challenge Invites Non-Profits and Businesses to Win Thousands for Worthy Causes
Media Support Helps Participants Shine Bright All Season Long
Businesses Can Rally Around Non-profit of Their Choice
American Tobacco is proud to welcome a new holiday tradition that allows non-profits – in conjunction with the businesses that support their work – to significantly raise their profiles and win thousands of dollars: the Triangle Christmas Tree Challenge.
The Challenge invites non-profits and/or their private sector supporters to decorate one of 50 Christmas trees to be displayed on campus throughout our community celebration.
Four prizes – ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 – await the non-profits behind the trees deemed “best decorated.” Fans will select the top three prize winners by texting their votes starting at 8pm on Friday, December 3.
A team of all-star judges will select an overall favorite on the final day of text voting. WRAL News on FOX 50 will announce all the winners on Friday, December 17th.
American Tobacco and its media partners, FOX 50 and WRAL.com, will build the buzz with television and web advertising as well as print support.
To be part of the excitement, a non-profit or an individual or business that supports a non-profit simply pays the small entry fee of $100. At that point, non-profit staff and/or those associated with the supporting businesses go into full creative mode – decorating the tree on Friday, December 3, to get across the non-profit’s message and attract attention.
ATC asks that you use LED lights and not exceed $400 in decorating expenditures. You can enter up to five trees in the competition, but sponsor as many as you like to get your message across – the more the merrier! Each tree will receive a sign noting the non-profit and its supporting business sponsor.
All the information you need to be a Christmas star is below. See you at American Tobacco’s Triangle Christmas Tree Challenge, a new holiday tradition that gives back …
Fan Favorite Prizes:
- First Prize – $5,000
- Second Prize – $2,500
- Third Prize – $1,000
Judges Favorite Prize:
One night in the American Tobacco Suite at the Durham Bulls in 2011 (Based on availability, 30 tickets, 5 parking passes, $500 food credit)
Entering is easy! American Tobacco will provide the first 50 non-profit applicants with 6-8 foot trees, power and signage. Competitors follow the rules below.
- Applicant must be a 501(c)3 non-profit located in the Triangle or a business that supports such an organization
- Non-profit to provide a minimum team of 4 to decorate tree
- Non-profit to provide a minimum team of 4 to take down tree
- Maximum budget per tree is $400 – receipts must be provided
- Only MINIATURE LED lights may be used
- Décor must be made of materials that resist breakage (No glass ornaments and no tinsel)
- Decorations must be secured to tree to prevent fly-a-way
- Non-profit to provide (1) 50 foot commercial grade (12-14 gauge) outdoor power cord
- Judging will be based on delivery of non-profit message and creativity while still embracing the joy of the season
- Application deadline is Thursday, November 18, 2010
Trees will be on display from 8pm on Friday, December 3, 2010, through January 2, 2011. Fan favorite voting will be from 8pm on Friday, December 3, 2010, to midnight on Thursday, December 16, 2010.
Thanks to American Tobacco for this capcom story.