|A Sizzling Spring and Summer ‘On the Lawn’: American Tobacco’s Signature Series Delivers Music, Movies, New Name
From Fine Food to Famous Faces, On the Lawn Is Five Months of Fun
The Triangle’s premiere spring and summer entertainment series has more music, more movies, more ways to dine and a new name: On the Lawn Presented by Whole Foods Market.
Stretching from April 29 to September 30, the free series includes:
- Back Porch Music on the Lawn, sponsored by WUNC-FM, now in its fifth year
- Movies on the Lawn, a series of music-themed documentaries selected by the Full Frame Film Festival
- Other hot happenings, including Pops for Pops on Father’s Day and July 4th’s Red, White, Blues & Bluegrass
- A new Web site — www.atclawnseries.com — rounding up all the facts to fuel your fun
- And still, all free!
This year, chowing down ‘on the lawn’ is easier — and tastier — than ever with the introduction of Whole Foods’ Virtual Cafe. Hungry fans can order a customized picnic by visiting a new Web portal: www.atclawnseries.com. On the Lawn’s complete roster of sponsors also includes American Tobacco, FOX 50, Full Frame, Whole Foods Market, WRAL.com and WUNC-FM.
“On the Lawn is the complete spring and summer get away, right here in your own backyard,” says Michael Goodmon, vice president of real estate for Capitol Broadcasting Company, which owns American Tobacco. “Not only are we excited about exceptional music, movies and more — we’re an easy way to unwind for families, for business people, for guests from all over the Triangle.”
On the Lawn’s bigger-than-ever schedule is as follows:
Back Porch Music on the Lawn
(all shows begin at 6 p.m. unless otherwise posted)
- Friday, April 29 – The Small Ponds
- Friday, May 27 – The Freight Hoppers
- Friday, June 10 – The Steep Canyon Rangers
- Friday, June 17 – The New North Carolina Ramblers
- Friday, July 1 – Robin & Linda Williams and Their Fine Group
Friday, August 19 – Holy Ghost Tent Revival
- Friday, September 2 – Craicdown
- Friday, September 9 – The Shady Grove Band
- Friday, September 16 – Loudon Wainwright III & Lucy Wainwright Roche
- Friday, September 30 – Chatham County Line
- Sunday, June 19 – Pops for Pops Concert featuring The Durham Community Concert Band & Durham Jazz Orchestra (5 p.m.)
- Monday, July 4 – Red, White, Blues & Bluegrass (4 p.m.)
Movies on the Lawn
- Friday, May 13, June 24, July 15, August 12 – Movies start at 9 p.m.
Thanks to ATC’s Valerie Ward for this capcom story..