WRAL-TV Investigates and Innovates:
Viewers in the Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville market continue to choose WRAL-TV as their preferred local news brand on TV, web, mobile and social media.
Based on Nielsen household ratings for May 2012, locally owned and operated WRAL-TV is Raleigh’s most watched station, sign-on to sign-off, including winning every newscast.
- WRAL’s weekday morning, noon, 5:00-6:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. newscasts each deliver more audience than the top two competitors combined.
- WRAL’s 6pm News delivers over 36,000 households than the second place station.
- WRAL’s 10pm News on FOX 50 more than doubles its closest competitor by delivering over 32,000 more households than the second place station.
- WRAL’s 11pm News delivers 26,000 more than the second place station.
- WRAL’s Saturday Morning News delivers nearly 20,000 more households than the second place news station.
- WRAL’s Saturday Evening News delivers nearly 10,000 more households than the second place news station.
- WRAL’s Sunday Morning News delivers 17,000 more households than the second place news station.
- WRAL’s Sunday Evening News delivers more audience than its top two news competitors combined, nearly 25,000 more than the second news station.
Recent winner of four regional Murrow awards, the MidSouth Region’s Emmy award for News Excellence and AP’s Outstanding News Operation in N.C., WRAL continues its focus on local investigative reporting.
News Director Rick Gall says, “Viewers can count on us not only for breaking news, but also for in-depth coverage that’s relevant. Our investigative work is stronger than ever. We’ve recently added a multimedia investigative journalist to follow the money and probe beyond the politics in state government. The dedicated and experienced staff here works non-stop to thoroughly report on what matters most to the communities we serve.”
WRAL Investigates in May:
Allegations of Fraud in N.C. Medicaid system could equal $200 Million
Tracking 15 years of Fraud at State Unemployment Agency
State Emergency Management Hiring Friends and Family for High Paying Temp Jobs
Known for its technology innovations, the station also introduced the market’s only expandable, interactive 7-Day forecast exclusively on its Morning News in May.
The station continues to drastically expand its brand on WRAL.com, WRAL Mobile and social media.
“Our mission is to be the most trusted local news brand on every platform, delivering in-depth investigative coverage, innovative weather coverage and breaking news using every technology available,” says WRAL-TV vice president and general manager Steven D. Hammel.
Thanks to WRAL-TV’s Debbie Tullos for this capcom story.