MIX 101.5 recently received the results of the Nielsen’s “Holiday Book” which covered Dec. 4 – 31, 2014, and included 22 days of Christmas music programming on MIX 101.5. Based on the ratings, MIX will definitely be on Santa’s good list.
Here are some of the highlights:
- #1 in all major demos and dayparts including Adults, Women and Men 25-54. Even Teens12-17 spent the most time listening to MIX during this period.
- #1 overall station in market with all Persons 6+ share of 14.0 (highest share achieved by any radio station in the Raleigh-Durham Market since PPM electronic measurement began in 2010).
- #1 6+ weekly cume of 604,300 listeners. During week 3 (12/18-12/24) MIX’s cume was just under 700,000 listeners (695,600).
- On Christmas Day one out of four radio listeners were tuned to The Triangle’s Christmas Station. 37% of all radio listeners 25-54 were tuned-in between 6 and 10am Christmas morning.
- Nationally, only 13 Christmas stations in the top 52 PPM markets had a higher share than MIX. Our share of 14.0 was also higher than the holiday stations in some of the largest markets including NY, LA, San Fran, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, DC and Detroit.
“This was our 8th year of playing all Christmas music in the weeks leading up to the holiday, and was the most successful from a ratings standpoint,” said WRAL-FM Program Director Barry Fox. “Our Christmas Choir Competition overseen by Promotions Director Jenny Clements was another huge success by bringing countless new listeners into our world during December and generating additional revenue.”
Gene and Julie Gates joined MIX morning team in late July and spent their first holiday season with WRAL-FM in 2014.
“Morning show personalities Gene & Julie did a remarkable job enhancing the overall content daily by embracing the Christmas programming with features, interviews, personal stories and fun phone calls from listeners,” he said. “We’re already counting the days until we can once again rollout the Christmas Classics for The Triangle.”
Thanks to WRAL-FM’s Barry Fox for contributions to this capcom story.