1. Why are these people lined up outside of WRAL-TV in December, 1966?
a. Children want to talk to Santa Claus
b. Turkey give-away
c. Tour the station as part of the WRAL’s 10th anniversary
d. Came to watch a wrestling match
2. Can you name these two people and the title of the program they hosted?
3. CBC once owned a television station in__________ ?
a. Richmond, Virginia
b. Charleston, South Carolina
c. Nashville, Tennessee
d. Indianapolis, Indiana
4. Where are we?
a. Set of WRAL children’s show Captain 5
b. Set of WRAL children’s show SPARKS
c. Transmitter building with engineer Bob Searcy during the early years
d. WRAL Master Control room during the early years
5. What is significant about this structure?
a. WRAL expansion project underway in 1999.
b. Building prior to restoration at the American Tobacco Campus
c. Transmitter building after the tower crashed in 1989.
d. Part of the basement of WRAL-TV.
1. c. Tour the station on the 10th anniversary of WRAL
2. Susan Dahlin and Tom McNamara hosted PM Magazine
3. d. Indianapolis, Indiana WTTV
4. c. Transmitter building with engineer Bob Searcy during the early years.
5. b. Building prior to restoration at the American Tobacco Campus
Thanks to Corp’s Pam Allen for this capcom story. Pam Parris Allen is a former WRAL newscast producer/director who now works as a researcher and producer on the CBC History Project.