Eight Free Concerts Welcome Returning Favorites and New Sensations to AmericanTobacco Campus
Pickers, rockers, groovers and all cool cats are invited to the return of American Tobacco’s legendary Back Porch Music on the Lawn concert series, May 11 – September 14. The eight free Thursday evening concerts will once again take place on the historic campus’ interior quad. The popular series is a joint production of the American Tobacco Campus and WUNC-FM 91.5.
American Tobacco’s beloved restaurants will be open and preparing quick grab items for concertgoers to enjoy picnic style as they take in the shows. This year, fans can sample new neighbors Wedgie’s sandwich shop and The Bullpen, featuring Heavenly Buffaloes wings.
Beer and wine are available for purchase at the concerts. Picnics, coolers and well-behaved dogs are welcome. Please no glass.
The all-star line-up — with each free concert starting at around 6pm — is as follows:
- May 11 – Front Country (Opener: Demolition String Band)
- May 25 – Tellico (Opener: Skylar Gudasz)
- June 15 – Jim Lauderdale (Opener: Fireside Collective)
- June 29 – Alice Gerrard & Melody Makers (Opener: Onyx Club Boys)
- August 3 – Rob Ickes and Trey Hensley (Opener: Acoustic Manner)
- August 17 – Acoustic Syndicate (Two sets)
- August 31 – Seldom Scene (Opener: Cicadia Rhythm)
- September 14 – Billy Strings (Opener: Whiskey Shivers)
About North Carolina Public Radio WUNC
North Carolina Public Radio WUNC is one of the early tenants of the American Tobacco Campus. The station is one of the most successful public radio stations in the country. It serves listeners from Greensboro to the Outer Banks with NPR News and Information during the week and Back Porch Music on the Weekend.
Thanks to ATC’s Valerie Ward for this capcom story & graphic.