MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM announced the first set of semi-finalists for the 2018 Christmas Choir Competition on Monday, November 26, 2018. Listeners can vote throughout the the day for the first three Division I semi-finalists, which includes grades K-8.
More semi-finalists will be unveiled throughout the week, with the three finalists competing on Thursday, and the winner announced on Friday. Next week, the same will take place for Division II, high school entries.
Here’s the full schedule:
- Division 1 Semifinalists Voting: November 26 – 28
- Division 1 Finalists Announced / Voting: November 29
- Division 1 Grand Prize Announced: November 30
- Division 2 Semifinalists Voting: December 3 -5
- Division 2 Finalists Announced / Voting: December 6
- Division 2 Grand Prize Announced: December 7
The winning choirs will be invited to perform in Studio A at WRAL TV on Monday, December 10! Performances will air on FOX 50 Sunday, Dec 23rd at 10:35pm, Monday, Dec 24th at 10:35pm, and Tuesday, Dec 25th at 10:35pm.
Thanks to WRAL-FM for this capcom scoop & graphic.