WRAL.com, North Carolina’s most popular news website, has been reimagined and redesigned, and you’re invited to be among the first to take a test drive. In the coming weeks, a redesigned WRAL.com will go live for the first time in 8 years. You’ll experience a more modern, uncluttered and visually appealing site that gives you easier access to our most popular content.
What to expect
- A faster loading site, especially on mobile devices, because of newer technologies used to deliver the content.
- A cleaner, more modern design to help you find what you’re looking for faster.
- Larger photos and videos, especially on the homepage and section fronts, create a more visually appealing experience.
- A new weather section that makes popular maps, forecasts and graphics easier to find and use.
- Simplified subscription and management for your free WRAL email newsletters.
- An improved site search that delivers the most relevant results.
Many elements of the site are not changing. The main navigation remains largely the same as it has been since 2014. No content is going away; in fact, we’ve expanded NC Capitol and Family coverage by adding more reporters and contributors.
Preview the site today, share your feedback
As a valued WRAL reader, we’re giving you first access to browse the redesigned site. Tell us about roadblocks you encounter, better known as software bugs, using a form in the top right corner of the desktop homepage (look for the yellow “Feedback” tab on mobile web). This could include error messages, page-not-found messages, missing content or layouts that keep you from being able to view stories and video.
We also want your overall impressions and suggestions, but our attention will be focused in the short term on fixing bugs that would keep us from launching the new site for all visitors. There will be more changes and additions post-launch, and know that we are reading every feedback message even if we can’t craft a personal reply.
Get started now
To access the new site, go to your favorite web browser on your mobile device and enter beta.wral.com
Thanks to WRAL.com for this Capcom story & graphic.