|MIX 101.5 Helps Decorate Durham Mall For The Children at Duke
WRAL-FM and Duke Children’s Hospital & Health Center announced a plan to help decorate Durham’s new mall and, at the same time, raise money for a good cause. In partnership with The Streets at Southpoint in Durham, Duke Children’s Hospital and MIX 101.5 are selling tiles to complete the Children’s Tile Wall project.
The Children’s Tile Wall will consist of tiles decorated by local children for the children at Duke Children’s Hospital.
The three entities made the announcement on Wednesday, October 10, at 10:00am at the McGovern-Davison Children’s Health Center on the Duke University Hospital Campus. All proceeds will support the programs at Duke Children’s Hospital and Health Center.
The tiles can be purchased for $50 minimum tax-deductible donation. Tiles can be reserved via mail, internet or fax (see details
below). A confirmation packet will then be mailed with the details on how, when and where your tile we be available to decorate. Paints and brushes will be supplied to decorate the 4″x4″ ceramic tile.
The Children’s Tile Wall will be located in the food court at The Streets at Southpoint, opening on March 8, 2002, in Durham. The Children’s Tile Wall will be a permanent showcase of hundreds of brightly painted ceramic tiles created by children for the children at Duke Children’s Hospital and Health Center.
To Reserve A Tile:
- Reserve a tile now for your child, a child in the family, or a special friend to paint as part of this unique charitable project. The number of tiles is limited.
- For more information or to reserve a tile call Duke Children’s at 919-667-2563.
- Tiles can also be reserved online at https://www.wralfm.com/tiles/tiles.htm.
- $50 minimum tax deductible donation for a 4-by-4 (inch) ceramic tile to decorate. Your tile will then be showcased at The Streets of Southpoint for all to see.
- Tiles, paints and brushes will be supplied. Confirmation packet will be mailed upon receipt of your order and will include information on the painting party.