Watch Movies, Hear Great Music, Do a Little Dancing…
The lawn of American Tobacco is about to get very busy with the Triangle’s premiere spring and summer entertainment series. On the Lawn Presented by University Ford & Kia and Bull City Bucks kicks off with a concert on Friday, April 27, 2012. Over the next five months the popular series will include some old favorites and some new features sure to be a hit among Triangle citizens and beyond.
Stretching from April 27 to October 5, the free series includes:
- Back Porch Music on the Lawn, sponsored by WUNC-FM, now in its sixth year
- Movies on the Lawn, a series of music-themed documentaries selected by the Full Frame Film Festival
- Other hot happenings, including Pops for Pops on Father’s Day; and two new features, a Jazz on the Lawn two-concert series, and Dance on the Lawn with the American Dance Festival
- A Web site — www.atclawnseries.com — rounding up all the facts to fuel your fun
- And still, all free!
On the Lawn’s upcoming jam-packed schedule is as follows:
Back Porch Music on the Lawn
(all shows begin at 6 p.m. unless otherwise posted)
- Friday, April 27 – Erynn Marshall & Carl Jones
- Friday, May 11 – Music Maker Relief Foundation Blues Review
- Friday, May 18 – The Tony Rice Unit
- Friday, June 15 – Adam Hurt, Stephanie Coleman and Beth Williams Hartness
- Friday, June 22 – Lizzy Ross Band
- Friday, July 27 – Justin Robinson and the Mary Annettes
- Friday, August 10 – John Howie Jr and the Rosewood Bluff
- Friday, August 17 – Bill & Libby Hicks
- Friday, August 24 – The Old Ceremony
Friday, September 7 – The Red Clay Ramblers
- Sunday, June 17 – Pops for Pops Concert featuring The Durham Community Concert Band & Durham Jazz Orchestra (5:00-7:00p.m.)
- Fri, July 13th – Dance on the Lawn featuring the American Dance Festival (6:00pm) – New This Year!
Movies on the Lawn
- Friday, June 1, July 6, August 3, September 28, October 5 – Movies start at 9 p.m.
Jazz on the Lawn – New This Year!
(both shows begin at 6 p.m.)
- Friday, May 4 – NCCU Jazz Ensemble
- Wed, July 4 – John Brown and the Groovy Shop Band
For more details, sneak peek listens and more, visit the On the Lawn Web portal: www.atclawnseries.com. On the Lawn’s complete roster of sponsors also includes American Tobacco, FOX 50, Full Frame, WRAL.com, WUNC-FM 91.5 and WNCU 90.7.