The 2014 FOX 50 Family Fest is coming! Bring the kids out to American Tobacco on Saturday, October 4th for the 6th Annual FOX 50 Family Fest and the 8th Annual Great American Tobacco Duck Race. The free event will include plenty of activities for the entire family.
The fun begins at 11am and runs through 4pm.
A few of the events include:
- Near Science will launch a balloon from the middle of the lawn at 1pm. Attendees will have a chance to guess where the balloon lands for a chance to win a COSMOS telescope or other great prizes.
- Storybook Theatre will host two different story times in the Full Frame Theatre
- Noah’s Landing returns for the 6th year with an expanded live animal showcase and three exciting programs in Bay 7
- Durham Scouts of the Boy Scouts of American Occoneechee Council will open the Festival with a color guard, presenting the flags, with Troop 411 from Union Baptist church. Pack 424 will host the Pinewood Derby and Pack 451 will host a fishing casting. The Club Scout Expo with these two events will be located in the Down Under covered area close to Saladelia’s.
- Other exciting events will include puppet shows, an aerial showcase and interactive programming with Cirque de Vol, as well as fun with Mad Science and Flow Circus.
- The Baby Crawling Contest is back. Participants can register at the event. The race will take place on stage at 2:30pm.
Great prizes will be awarded to a variety of winners. Ducks are on sell now until 3pm on Saturday October 4th. Go to fox50familyfest.com for more information on how to purchase ducks.
The non-profit partners who will benefit from the 2014 Duck Race include:
- Durham Literacy Center
- Durham Public Schools
- Museum of Durham History
- Museum of Life and Science
To date the Great American Tobacco Duck Race has generated over $175,000 for area non-profits.
Thanks to FOX 50’s Sylvia Lanier for contributions to this capcom story.