1. July 31, 1979 marks the day this news gathering tool went into service.
A. Livestar 5
B. SKY 5
B. Microwave news van
2. Do you know the name of the television show that was the lead-in to Action News 5 at 6:00 in 1986?
A. Gomer Pyle
B. Andy Griffith Show
C. Frog Hollow
3. Do you know the call letters of the CBC station in Charlotte that began full time operations on July 8, 1987?
4. On July 23, 1996 WRAL-TV was the first to do what?
A. WRAL-TV was the first commercial station to broadcast a signal from a submarine called “Dive 5.”
B. WRAL-TV was the first commercial station in the nation to broadcast an HDTV signal.
C. WRAL-TV was the first commercial station to broadcast a 3D signal to a closed audience.
D. WRAL-TV was the first commercial station to broadcast an experimental hologram signal.
5. The documentary “Charlie Gaddy in China” that aired July 16, 1988 featured a “first,” what was it?
A. First television crew to document the highly protected and pristine Zhang River.
B. First television crew allowed to stand beside one of the TerraCotta Army Soldiers.
C. First television crew allowed inside the palace known as the “Forbidden City.”
D. First television crew allowed to interview visitors at The Great Wall.
1. B. SKY 5
2. B. Andy Griffith Show
3. B. WJZY
4. B. Broadcast an HDTV signal
5. A. Document the Zhang River