The big day is here! MIX 101.5 and WRAL-TV join forces today, Wednesday, July 13, 2016, to feed hungry school kids with a MediaThon benefiting the BackPack Buddies Program at the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle. The annual MIX food drive has turned into a daylong event with sister station WRAL-TV, providing multiple ways listeners and viewers can contribute.
Here’s what you can do to help:
Tune In on July 13th
ON TV: Watch and call in to WRAL-TV from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. for stories about how your donations help fight child hunger in our community.
ON RADIO: Listen for powerful stories throughout the day as MIX 101.5 broadcasts live from food drop-off sites in Morrisville and Raleigh (see locations below)
Donate Food on July 13th
Bring your donations (cash, checks, or credit cards) and non-perishable food from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m….and meet the MIX 101.5 team! Needed food items include healthy snacks, breakfast bars, canned stews, veggies, noodles, and fruit.
- Park West Village, next to Target at the southwest corner of Cary Parkway and NC-54/Chapel Hill Road
- Food Lion in the Six Forks Station Shopping Center at the corner of Six Forks and Strickland Roads
How Your Donation Helps
- $35 fills a child’s BackPack for 1 month
- Become a monthly giver to feed a child year-round
- $100 funds 30 hot meals from the Food Shuttle kitchen
- $350 fills a BackPack for a school year
- $500 funds a day of free summer meals from our food truck
- $1000 fills school pantries with produce for 1 month
Make a financial contribution HERE.
Find out more:
Thanks in advance for joining in the fun to help the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle feed hungry school kids!