American Tobacco’s summer music series, “On the Lawn,” expands this year with performances on the patios outside of Tyler’s Taproom (The Down Under) and Tobacco Road (Home Run Patio).
The series is curated by music tastemakers WUNC, and all concerts are free and open to the public.
There are six concerts across a variety of musical styles from Americana to reggae to grunge and alternative rock.
The patio concerts will allow a more intimate experience – the Down Under holds about 500-600 people; the Home Run Patio around 200-250.
Here’s the full lineup:
- , April 12 – Adam Pitts @ On the Home Run Patio (6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- , May 24 – Crucial Fiya @ On the Down Under Patio (6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- , June 21 – Nikki Hill @ On the Lawn (6-9 p.m.)
- June 28 – Will Hoge @ On the Lawn (6-9 p.m.)
- , Aug. 23 – Yarn/Songs from the Road @ On the Lawn (6-9 p.m.)
- , Aug. 30 – Lilly Hiatt @ On the Lawn (6-9 p.m.)
“In 2018, we’re going to utilize the entirety of our one-of-a-kind campus to bring different music genres and styles to the community,” says Michael Goodmon, vice president of real estate, Capitol Broadcasting Company. “Between the Bulls’ championship season, our new music lineup, races and other new and exciting activities, it is going to be a busy and fun spring, summer and fall at American Tobacco Campus.”
All of American Tobacco’s restaurants will be open to serve concertgoers with sit-down meals or grab-and-go goodies.
Thanks to WRAL.com for this capcom story & to WRAL-TV’s Glenn Dion for these capcom photos.